It is a Worldwide Watercolor Directory. A common project being developed by the contemporary watercolor community around the world. A meeting place for the international watercolor community.
It is not a social network, but a working tool to organize international communication among all who play a role in the water-based art field: artists, audiences, schools, producers of art materials, masters, societies, brands, museums, galleries, curators and other related groups.
The Platform, trough a Personal Profile, interacts with social networks and personal websites of members to promote the artists and the other professional actors of watercolor world, by their own communication channels.
It is also a will of the International Watercolor Platform to give high visibility to watercolor events and artists across the globe.
The organization of informations is done in different AREA SECTIONS and is based on the COUNTRY COMMUNITY each member belongs to, it is therefore very important that at subscription each member joins the right Country Community.
- Area Section A: for WORLD AUDIENCE - This is the public face of the Platform and open to all audience interested in and supportive of watercolor. This Section can access basic world communication from the HOME PAGE links.
- Area Section B: for ARTISTS, SOCIETIES, BRANDS, PRODUCERS, ORGANIZATIONS, SCHOOLS, STUDENTS, GALLERRIES, CURATORS and all different other role actors in Watercolor field - This Section is PASSWORD-ACCESSED and open to all members who subscribe to the Platform and Login. This Section MEMBERS can access basic world communication, plus country-specific communication and can communicate with a world audience through the own personal profiles, where are listed and linked all the personal sitrs and social pages.
- Area Section C: for COUNTRY ADMINISTRATORS - This password-accessed Section is available to country administrators and members with organizational roles within a country. It is their responsibility to communicate with their country’s audience, motivate and inform them about all Platform items.
- Area Section D: for CONTINENTAL ADMINISTRATORS - Password-accessed, this Sectionl is open to continental administrators whose responsibility is to communicate with the areas under their jurisdiction . Mind: the areas, are not necessarily the political or geographical areas of the world, but rather an aggragation that best suits the Platform distribution of informations.
The International Watercolor Platform has a public area and a password-protected area.
To enter password-protected areas, it is necessary to register by the SUBSCRIBE process and by completing the PERSONAL PROFILE.
it is very important that at subscription each member join the right Country Community.
Master artists, artists, watercolor societies, schools, brands, art material manufacturers, galleries, curators, watercolor communities of any kind by SUBSCRIBE became MEMBERS of the Platform and became responsable of their Personal Profile.
Art belongs to all. It has no barriers and can never be monopolized. Art is communication: artist with artist, media with media, expression with expression, event with event. No fear nor competition can stop art. We artists can only choose to be in or out; we cannot change the game.
If we choose to participate in a professional and congenial manner, together we can advance the worldwide understanding and proliferation of watercolor.
Watercolor is one of the fastest-growing art media in the world. There is a recognized need for a web-based international platform where watercolorists around the world can share information, exchange ideas, show their work, and communicate with others.
Participants in the International Watercolor Platform would include all the people and organizations with valid interests in the art of watercolor.
Since 2000, watercolor meetings, exhibitions, and activities have spanned the globe. These experiences have been a source of great artistic and human enrichment that the International Watercolor Platform can encourage and spread. The watercolorists of the world have recognized in their personal journeys and in the journeys their works have made that art and artists have an important role to play in discovering and recognizing the varied cultures of the world.
This International Watercolor Platform was born from the artistic relationships formed during the creation of the International Watercolor Museum. It is the practical culmination of the work that has brought together more than 80 watercolor communities from all over the world. These communities meet every year at the FabrianoInAcquarello conference meeing. Organizations, associations, and independent artists join together with no political or commercial agenda. The conference is coordinated by a group of leaders whose sole purpose is to serve the watercolor community and all watercolor artists around the world.
The International Watercolor Platform promotes meeting, cooperation, and creative sharing among watercolor artists and their viewers; but, above all, the Platform promotes cooperation and support among artists, societies, art material manufacturers, and event organizers - all dedicated to the promotion of contemporary watercolor. No one group is more important than another.
Improving the quality of watercolor and spurring its growth is the vision and purpose of the International Watercolor Platform. The Platform protects traditional techniques while at the same time encouraging new ideas and cutting-edge technology for a new generation of artists. The Platform has no political or commercial purpose but seeks to sow seeds of peace across the watercolor world. The focus is on cooperation and not competition, on sharing experiences and knowledge. As an international tool for communication, the Platform seeks to promote artists, events, communities, societies, and all involved in the world of watercolor.
The web public areas of Platform can be visited by all audience interested in informations and supportive of watercolor.
Tools of the area are: the full information from CALENDAR and from MEMBERS pages - the COMMUNICATIONS imformations visible in non protected area, are the base world items.
To enter password-protected areas, it is necessary to register by the SUBSCRIBE process and by completing the PERSONAL PROFILE.
By SUBSCRIPTION each user becames MEMBERS of the Platform. it is very important that at subscription each member joins his right Country Community because the personalized communication each member reaches, depends on his Country Community choice.
PERSONAL PROFILES must be completed to be granted password access. Please consider that any non compiled prifile, or any profile not respectfull of the base relationship, will be soon delated.
Can became MEMBERS in the pltform: Master artists, artists, watercolor societies, schools, brands, art material manufacturers, galleries, curators, watercolor communities of any kind - all audience interested in informations and supportive of watercolor.
The registration and use is FREE.
We collect two kinds of user information.
- The first type concerns unidentified and non-identifiable information pertinent to a user, possibly made available or collected through the use of the Site ("Non-personal information"). We are not aware of the identity of the User whose non-personal information has been collected. The non-personal information collected may include aggregate usage information and technical information transmitted by the device, including certain software and hardware information (for example the type of browser and operating system used by the device, language preferences, access time etc.) - These informations are used to improve the functionality of our Site. We can also collect information on the User's activity on the Site (for example, pages viewed, online browsing, clicks, actions, etc.).
- The second type concerns Personal Information, which is personally identifiable, i.e. information that identifies an individual or can identify him. This information includes: device Information or information collected from devices. This information includes geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers (e.g. MAC addresses and UUIDs) and other information relating to the User's activity throughout the Site.
- Registration information: when the User registers on our Site he will be asked to provide certain data such as: name and surname, e-mail, photo and to consent the storage for the purposes of the site itself.
We receive personal information from several sources:
- By the user himself who registers as a member of the site.
- When the user uses our Site or accesses it in connection with the use of our services;
- From third-party providers, services and public records (for example, traffic analysis providers).
Communicating with the User - sending communications and notices relating to our services, providing technical information and responding to any customer assistance problems.
We may share Personal Information with our trusted third party providers, which can be located in different jurisdictions around the world, for the following purposes:
hosting and functioning of our Site; propose our services to the User, including a personalized view of our Site;
store and process this information on our behalf;
propose advertisements to the User and support us in evaluating the success of our advertising campaign, as well as helping us to recalibrate the target audience.
We may also disclose information in good faith if we believe doing so is useful or reasonable for: (i) complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or governmental requests; (ii) enforce our policies, including investigations related to potential violations; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent or take action concerning illegal activities or other illegal actions, suspected fraud or security problems; (iv) establish or exercise our rights of defense against legal claims; (v) prevent damage to our rights, property or security, our contacts, Users or third parties; or (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies and / or if we deem it necessary to assert intellectual property or other legal rights.
The User can request to:
Receive confirmation as to whether the personal information is processed or not and access the stored personal information, along with additional information.
Receive a copy of personal information voluntarily provided in a structured format, commonly used and readable by a device.
Correct personal information as part of our control. Delete personal information.
Oppose the processing of personal information by us. Restrict the processing of personal information by us.
Submit a complaint to the supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute and may be subject to our legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to exercise the above rights or receive more information, please contact our Data Protection Officer ("DPO") using the details provided below: email@example.com
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services and fulfill our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our rules. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information collected and the purpose for which it is collected, taking into account the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy obsolete and unused information as soon as possible within reasonable limits. In light of the applicable regulations, we keep records containing customer personal data, documents relating to the opening of accounts, communications and anything else required by applicable laws and regulations.
We may rectify, supplement or remove incomplete or inaccurate information at any time and in our sole discretion.
We and our trusted partners are not using cookies and other technologies in our related services, including when the User visits our Site or accesses our services.
A "cookie" is a small piece of information that a website assigns to the User's device while viewing a website. Cookies are very useful and can be used for various purposes, which include the ability to navigate between pages efficiently, enable the automatic activation of some features, remember your preferences and make the interaction between the User and our services faster and easier. Cookies are also used to ensure that the advertisements displayed are relevant to the User and his interests and to compile statistical data on the use of our Services.
a. 'session cookies' only temporarily stored during a browsing session to allow normal use of the system, deleted from the device when the browser is closed;
b. 'persistent cookies' read only by the Site, saved on the User's computer for a set period and not deleted when the browser is closed. These cookies are used when it is necessary to know who the User is for repeated visits, for example to allow us to store preferences for subsequent access;
c. 'third-party cookies' set by other online services that follow content on the page displayed, for example, by third-party analysis companies, which monitor and analyze access to our website.
Cookies do not contain any information that identifies the User personally, but the Personal Information that we store on the User may be linked, by us, to the information stored and obtained from cookies. You can remove cookies by following the instructions of the device preferences; however, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of our site may not work properly and the online experience may be limited.
We might use a tool called "Google Analytics" to collect information on the use of the Site. Google Analytics collects information such as the frequency with which Users access the Site, which pages they visit, when they do so, etc. We use the information for the exclusive purpose of improving our Site and our services. Google Analytics collects the IP address assigned to the user on the date on which the latter visited the sites instead of the name or other identification information. We do not combine information collected through Google Analytics with personally identifiable information. Google's ability to use and share the information it collects about visiting this site is limited to Google Analytics.
Transfer of data outside the European Economic Area
Note: some recipients of the data may be located outside the European Economic Area. In this case, we will transfer the data only to countries approved by the European Commission as they offer an adequate level of data protection, or we will enter into legal agreements to guarantee an adequate level of data protection.
We are aware of the importance of protecting children's privacy, especially in an online environment. In no case do we allow minors to use our services without the prior consent of a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors. If a parent or guardian realizes that the minor has provided us with personal information without their consent, they must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact us: For any general question on the Site or on the information we collect about you and how we use it, you can contact us at email@example.com
Enter the "Login/Subscribe" link in the top righy tool bar of the Platform (if you use a smartphone, the tool commands are inside the 3 horizontal lines as in any phone app). Once you are in the next page, use the "Subscribe" link to enter the process to register in the Platform.
After you have entered all datas, you will recieve an email to validate your registration, please respond to the email.
Have a look in your spam mail box. If the email is not there, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, the platform board will help you
To enter your Personal Profile you must have subscribed as a Platform Member
Please consider that the PLATFORM need to recognize you every time you enter in, this means that every time you enter you should insert your Username and Password. Still every time you enter the PLATFORM, your browser (the program that works the web inside your PC or smrtphone) should automatically ask you if you want to memorize Username and Password, if you respond YES, later you do not need to tho reneter Username and Password every time you enter, because your browser will do for you.
Please use the "back" button and use the "Forgot your Password" link to enter the process to recover the Password. If you don't remeber the e-mail you have used as a User when you have registerd first time, please write an email to email@example.com and ask the helpdesk to find for you.
The PLATFORM will automatically
record your profile as an ARTIST, so:
- please if you are a SOCIETY, or an ORGANYZATION of any kind, KINDLY INFORM THE PLATFORM BY AN EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org - The Platform board will welcome your request
- please if you are a SCHOOL, a BRAND, a STUDENT, a GALLERY, a CURATOR, a MUSEUM, the first time you LogIn and enter your Personal Profile, you can change your ROLE
The Platform is compiling a database to became the Worldwide Watercolor Directory. A common project being developed by the contemporary watercolor community around the world. To be member, and be listed in the Platform (as an Artist, or Society, or School, Producer, Gallerist... or one of the many roles that are already, or will soon be available), means to be part of the International Watercolor Community. Once the project will be developed, the Platform will becane the meeting place for very many important international exchanges, events, informations of the World Watercolor Community. By BEEING a MEMBER, YOU MAY BECAME ONE OF THE MAIN PROTAGONIST.
As a Directory, it can help you to search or to be find. The pourpose you serarch/find is than up to you, we believe you would want: to start a relation to Artis or any other subbject in the Platform / to travel / to share / to exhpose / to do sale / to be present in the watercolor market / to contact the Museum, the Brands, the Gallerist / to be NOT JUST PART of A SINGLE SOCIAL, but communicate to the world all the socials and the channels you are in.
Once you have subscribed and created your account, until you have uploaded your Profile Picture, your account will not be visible. To upload your Profile Picture, you must use the "Personal Profile" link and the "Compile or modify My Gallery" tool.
Because you have not flag the "Show this Picture" button.
- You will be presented to the World Community as Member of the Country Comunnity you subscribe to.
- In "My Communication" You will read all informations the Platform will spread to your Country Community, your Passaport Country, your second Passaport Country.
If you want too change the Countries you had selected at subscription:
- For Country Community, you must send a request to email@example.com
- For the Passaport Countries: once you are LoggedIn, by the "My Profile" you can change your Passport or second Passport Country